Marilyn Monroe Reading Ulysses
The Valentine heart burst with a new list of words from POSP stringer Tim.
Historical Linguistics. The disappearance or loss of an unstressed initial vowel or syllable, as in the formation of the word slant from aslant.
A scientist or technical expert.
bwaht; Fr. bwat
A nightclub, cabaret.
1. A joker, wag.
2. A writer or director of or actor in farce.
1. Leggings or gaiters, usually of leather.
2. Loose hose or breeches worn in the 16th and 17th centuries.
A lover of words, one who derives pleasure from various use of words, who appreciates the nuances surrounding different words, and who is alert to synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and homonyms, often using them for effect, sometimes in humor.
Marked by sluggishness and lack of vitality, groggy.
1. Misbehavior and especially corruption in an office, trust, or commission.
2. Corrupt administration.
1. To make or use new words or create new meanings for existing words.
2. To devise or accept new religious doctrines.
One who has recently or suddenly risen to an unaccustomed position of wealth or power and has not yet gained the prestige, dignity, or manner associated with it.
Here and there.
Clearly expressed or presented, lucid.
1. Insignificant, petty, pettifogging details.
2. Dishonest or unethical in insignificant matters, meanly petty.
Lacking courage and resolution, marked by contemptible timidity.
A radiant or resplendent quality or state, brilliance.
1. A quick, sharp return in speech or action, counterstroke, a brilliant riposte to an insult.
2. Fencing. A quick thrust given after parrying a lunge.
1. To make a riposte.
2. To reply or retaliate.
Having a reddish glow.
1. Zoology. Permanently attached, not freely moving.
2. Botany. Attached by the base, or without any distinct projecting support, as a leaf issuing directly from the stem
1. The face, countenance, or appearance of a person or sometimes an animal.
2. Aspect, appearance.
A violent squall that blows in near-polar latitudes, as in the Strait of Magellan, Alaska, and the Aleutian Islands.