Monday, January 20, 2014
POSP stringer Tim is on a short vacation and sent this short vocabulary list.
1a. Of or relating to the alphabet.
1b. Alphabetically arranged.
The representation (as in painting) of persons as sheep or lambs.
1. Covered with bushes, shrubs, and small trees, woody.
1. Psychoanalysis. The investment of emotional significance in an activity, object, or idea.
2. Psychoanalysis. The charge of psychic energy so invested.
A style in art (as in decoration) reflecting Chinese qualities or motifs also, an object or decoration in this style.
1. Of, relating to, or having good digestion.
2. Cheerful, optimistic.
Relating to or associated with eating or the sense of taste.
1. A protective case or covering, especially for winter, as of an animal or a plant bud.
2. Winter quarters, as of a hibernating animal.
Distrust or hatred of reason or reasoning.
Hatred or dislike of what is new or represents change.
An amorous glance, ogle.
Marked by or fond of conspicuous or vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display.
par-uh-gyoo-zhuh, -zhee-uh, -zee-uh
An abnormal or hallucinatory sense of taste.
1. The separate real or personal property of a married woman that she can dispose of by will and sometimes according to common law during her life.
2. Personal belongings.
3a. Articles of equipment, furnishings.
3b. Accessory items, appurtenances.
Resembling or having the qualities of soap.
Casting or making shade.