Saturday, February 12, 2011

William Shakespeare...if you are lost for words of affection


Don't know what to say to the significant other on Valentine's Day?...well, borrow from the bard.

"They do not love that do not show their love."


"The course of true love never did run smooth."


"So long as I can breathe or I can see
so long lives your love which gives life to me."


"When you depart from me sorrow abides, and happiness takes his
leave."


"Love from one side hurts, but love from two sides heals."


"Love goes to love like schoolboys from their books. But love from
love, towards school with heavy looks."


"Love looks not with eyes, but with the mind."


"My only love sprung from my only hate."


"A friend is one who knows who you are, understands where you have
been, accepts what you have become, and still gently
allows you to grow."


"So dear I love him that with him, all deaths I could endure. Without
him, live no life."


"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."


"Love is the most beautiful of dreams and the worst of nightmares."


"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would
smell as sweet."


"They do not love that do not show their love.
The course of true love never did run smooth.
Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love".


"I'll follow you and make a heaven out of hell, and I'll die by your
hand which I love so well"


"Love goes toward love. "


"Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better. "


"Now join your hands, and with your hands your hearts. "


"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love. "


"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds. "


"They do not love that do not show their love. "



"A woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart. "


"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. "


"Love is a spirit of all compact of fire. "


"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind".


"My bounty is as deep as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite. "


"My heart is ever at your service. "


"So they lov’d as love in twain
Had the essence but in one;
Two distinct, divisions none…"


"Such is my love, to thee I so belong,
That for thy right myself will bear all wrong. "


"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. "

No comments: