Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mike Griffin out...now who?


Subject: Message from the Center Director - Mike Griffin Departs NASA
From: Centerwide Announcement
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Message from the Center Director
Mike Griffin Departs NASA

I would like to forward to you a message I received from Mike Griffin:

All-

As required, I have previously submitted my resignation as NASA Administrator, effective 1200 EST 20 January 2009. Having heard nothing to the contrary, I conclude that it has been accepted by President Obama.

Until such time as the president nominates, and the Senate confirms, a new Administrator, the agency will be in the best possible hands with Chris Scolese as Acting Administrator.

I wish all of you the very best. It was an honor to serve NASA, and to do so with you. I have greatly appreciated the many expressions of thanks and good wishes which have been sent.

There are many, many others not on this list who should also be thanked. Please feel free to forward to those in your individual organizations.

Good luck to all.

Mike

No comments: